Monday, April 2, 2012

Nöm #100- Angry Bird babybel cheese (02Apr-12)

Mondays are my lazy days. After a weekend of activities, I am not recharged yet to prepare a full meal bento for the kids, and will usually make bread with jam/nutella. I bought some babybel cheese last week, it's my first time trying these. I have seen mommies from the bento group using these and thought they look really interesting.

The idea is not mine, copied this Angry Bird idea from one of the mommies. I have made Angry Bird out of sushi rice before, but using babybel cheese is much less challenging and I really like how it turned out ^^

Angry Bird Babybel cheese.
I packed wholemeal bread with nutella/kaya today.

Please pardon the pictures, blur me didnt realise camera was on wrong setting till I have uploaded them :S
This is how the Babybel cheese look like. Comes in pack of 5.

Use a round cutter to cut off the bottom part of the wax seal.

Using the opening of a piping, stamp a circle out of carrot.

Use a knife to slowly carve out the beak from the carrot.

Stamp out 4 small circles for the eyes. (I bought this tool from Daiso, really handy)

Slice of a little of the top part of the eye, this will create the angry look.

Cut 2 small strips of nori for the brows.

I used a nori puncher to punch out the black eyes. Stick them all together with mayo.

Finishing touch, I use 2 red heart picks for the top feather on their heads.

Here u go ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment